Montag, 7. April 2008

Waiting...

..for new releases of open mesh and Robin
The aktual release of Robin is from my piont of
viewing very close to call it stable
there are only a few mini-glitches anymore wich i'm sure they will sort it out in the next weeks.
But there still other tings i need to have before i will set up a open mesh system in
a real world install. The first i'm waiting for is that open mesh opens up the management server software so i can run my own management-server in my own location. Second is taht they ingrate coova-chilli with the abillity to authenticate againsts my own radius because i already have running 2 Freeradius server's in my wisp.
Fom what i read they already in the middle of integrate wifi-cpa but tahts a hosted solution and if you have more than 1 portal you have to pay .

My standpoint alway was run as much as posibble in your own locations because thats the only way you have fully controle ..ore if you mess ist up it's your own fault.

Keine Kommentare: